Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday




Where It All Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
Available Feb. 19, 2013 from Simon and Schuster
Synopsis: (Taken from Treeline)

 An accident puts everything into shocking perspective in this darkly funny, “searing portrayal of power, privilege, and betrayal in the hills above Los Angeles” (Publishers Weekly).


Gabby lived under the radar until her makeover. Way under. But when she started her senior year as a blonder, better-dressed version of herself, she struck gold: Billy Nash believed she was the flawless girl she was pretending to be. The next eight months with Billy were bliss...Until the night Gabby woke up on the ground next to the remains of his BMW without a single memory of how she got there.

And Billy's nowhere to be found.


All Gabby wants is to make everything perfect again. But getting her life back isn’t just difficult, it’s impossible. Because nothing is the same, and Gabby's beginning to realize she’s missed more than a few danger signs along the way. It’s time for Gabby to face the truth, even if it means everything changes.


Especially if it means everything changes.

Why I want to read it: 

Amnesiac stories are the best! Some of my favorite movies have memory loss themes. Recently, a friend showed me photos I don't remember taking because the night before I danced with a beast by the name of tequila (Never again!). Just forgetting a couple hours of my life blew my mind and shook me. Imagine if something significant had happened during that time period. This book is going to be amazing!


Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this one too! It looks great! NEW FOLLOWER!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these type of stories too, the mystery about what really happened and what the character can't remember always keeps me flipping the pages. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it will be an amazing book. I will have to look for it when it comes out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great!!!! I need to add this to my TBR.

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, the forgotten tales = a mystery I love to read!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds great. Really reminds me of The Summer I Turned Pretty - I think it's the cover, and the fact that Gabby turns pretty! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is. If you read Shatter Me, you'll understand. And you have to read Destroy Me as well. If you just read Shatter Me, you'll be TEAM ADAM for sure. But if you read Destroy Me... it may change your perspective a bit and make you a TEAM WARNER like me. Oh course, we all know how it will end. Adam will end up with Juliet because they have history. Or maybe the author will twist it and Juliet will end up with Warner. Or she'll end up with neither. One can only hope ;)

    Kacii

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this before, but it looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a chance to read this and I liked the writing but got a little frustrated with Gabby's obsession with appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound really great---I do love a good story of amnesia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds very good, and I agree with you on the amnesia! I really like the mystery that comes with it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fan of memory loss stories too! I've been looking forward to this book for a while, excited to read it! Great pick :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one has been on my TBR for quite awhile. Sounds good!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete